Entry Level Concept Artist
Do you have an eye for design? Listen to pop punk, metal, or hardcore music? Have brilliant merch ideas? We are looking for an individual that is ready to work in a creative role within our art department. Your time will be spent doing research on our clients and producing clear, complete, and actionable concepts for our product designers to execute. You will be contributing creative thought and care into ideas that can then be passed to our designers to create. Your ideas will be subject to approval from our team. We will be treating this role as a trial run for 3 months. At the end of that 3 month period, we will collectively decide whether the work has justified a full time position.
- Must be able to work in an office with others without disrupting those around you.
- A high level of focus will be needed to produce high quality and impactful concepts that will appeal to our clients and their fans.
- Must already have a good understanding of the artists that we commonly produce artwork for.
- Must be able to take feedback and make adjustments to your ideas and work with a positive attitude.
- The job will require at least a basic understanding of Photoshop so that you can present your ideas clearly for further development.
Desired skills/experience, but not required
- Basic photography skills
- Ability to sketch
- Touring experience. Your knowledge of life on the road has likely given you good perspective on what is important to bands, and what they look for in a merch company. That knowledge will be beneficial in this role.
- Former touring musician. If you still tour full or part time, this may not work out scheduling wise.
- Proficient knowledge of Photoshop and/or product design.
- Experience/interest in streetwear or other current fashion.
$11.50/hr for a probationary period of 3 months. After 3 months a full-time position and pay raise will be considered based on your attitude, quality of work and overall fit with the team.
San Diego, CA